The University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne is recruiting a local manager of the INVEST European University alliance within the Department of External Relations and International Development (DREDI), to coordinate the implementation and development of the INVEST European University within URCA.
In July 2023, URCA was integrated into the consortium of the European university INVEST - INnoVations for rEgional SusTainability, created around sustainable regional development, innovative pedagogical practices and new training courses. Set up in 2020, INVEST is coordinated by the University of Agriculture of Nitra (SUA) in Slovakia, and brings together the University of Thessaly (UTH) in Greece, the University of Agribusiness and Rural Development (UARD) in Bulgaria, the University of Applied Sciences of Karelia in Finland, as well as three new partners, the University of Milan-Bicocca (UNIMIB) in Italy, the University of Cordoba (UCO) in Spain and University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne (URCA). The first phase of the alliance between 2020 and 2023 has just been successfully completed, and URCA has joined an ambitious and dynamic consortium.
The INVEST alliance aims to promote:
- the acquisition of knowledge, skills and abilities required for sustainable regional development
- entrepreneurship and leadership
- critical thinking
- responsibility and civic awareness with regard to sustainable development
The project focuses on sustainable regional development and is based on 3 axes:
- Water, energy, food and environment Nexus
- Quality of life
The INVEST project is structured into 7 Work Packages (WP), each coordinated by a partner university. URCA is coordinating Work Package 6, the creation of INVEST's Center of Excellence for research, development and innovation.
About European Universities Alliances
European university alliances are an initiative launched in 2018 funded by the European Union in the Erasmus + program and supported in France by France 2030. 50 alliances of European higher education institutions are currently funded and follow a long-term strategy aimed at offering new learning, research and innovation opportunities to all their communities.
Alliances have four general objectives:
· The implementation of a long-term joint education and research strategy
· The creation of an inter-university campus enabling the mobility of at least 50% of students
· Support for an interdisciplinary approach to societal challenges
· The development of best practice models to enhance the attractiveness and competitiveness of European higher education
The project manager will work in close collaboration with the international cooperation officer, the educational engineer, and other positions within the alliance to be recruited, including an RDI center of excellence officer, reporting to the director of the DREDI.
The INVEST European University Manager for URCA is part of the Internationalization Team and is responsible for managing and coordinating URCA's participation in the INVEST European University. As a driving force behind the achievement of URCA's objectives, the local manager will be responsible for coordinating URCA's community (scientific, teaching, student and administrative) to ensure full ownership of the alliance's challenges and benefits, and will act as an interface with INVEST partners universities, especially the Slovak coordinator. Reporting to the Director of DREDI, he/she will oversee the internal and external implementation of URCA's work package (Center of Excellence in RD&I) and its articulation with INVEST's overall objectives, in cooperation with its European partners.
This mission involves several activities:
Mission 1 Manage and monitor the INVEST project
- Manage all stages of the project, from planning to completion, including monitoring and evaluation
- Manage budget, control its distribution and execution, while respecting deadlines for the various stages of the project
- Write deliverables in English
- Set up monitoring and evaluation indicators for all URCA actions within the project
Mission 2 Develop and implement the INVEST project within URCA
- Contribute to the development of the university's international cooperation strategy in line with the INVEST project
- Unite and lead the INVEST project team within the institution
- Communicate with stakeholders and mobilize project resources
- Coordinate actions planned within the framework of the European University with the university's other cross-functional projects Exebio, DIVRESCA, Ailes, Demeter, Bioeco Academy
- Promote collaboration and the sharing of knowledge and best practices between project participants within the university and with European alliance partners
- Advise management and suggest adjustments where necessary
- Encourage the development of actions with the consortium's partner universities, and support the implementation of these actions (mobility, submission of research, training and innovation projects, meetings, etc.)
- Be a driving force behind the development of the INVEST project.
Mission 3 Communication and awareness
- Represent the university at international meetings and events
- Propose internal and external communication initiatives to promote the project
- Raise awareness, provide training and organize events for URCA's academic community (teaching and research staff, departments, students)
- Monitor and disseminate information on European universities, dedicated calls for applications, and participate in national and European events and networks on the subject.
- 5 years' higher education: international relations, European studies, project management
- Knowledge of European institutions and the main European and international funding programs for research and training, including Erasmus +
- At least 5 years' experience
- Mastery of the legal, administrative and financial mechanisms involved in setting up European and/or international research and training projects
- Knowledge of the regulatory and financial framework of a public higher education and research establishment
- English language skills: B2 to C1
- French language skills: B1
- Project management methodology
Technical skills :
- Leading and managing projects
- Leading teams
- Create indicators and draw up dashboards
- Set up and monitor a budget
- Work as part of a team
- Initiate and manage partnerships
- Master and exploit information systems and office automation tools
- Draft documents (reports, summaries, etc.)
- Communicate and report
Behavioural skills :
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Versatility and open-mindedness
- Regular travel in France and abroad
- May be required to work flexible hours as needed
Fixed-term contract: as soon as possible until August 31, 2025 (renewable)
Deadline to apply : December 10, 2023